Thursday, April 21, 2005

God's Billboard

I saw this black billboard as I was stuck on I-75 somewhere in Tennessee. There was nothing to do but snaking along with the rest of the traffic. I started wondering about whoever made that billboard: Did he think he was the God? Or did he think the God was speaking through him?

I turned on the radio. There were reports about the death of pope Johan Paul II. I admire the pope as a decent human being, not as a religious figure of any kind. The reporter was talking about what a tremendous burden the late pope must felt being the world leader of the Catholic church. That made me think, yes, indeed. If there was anyone in this world knew what the God was all about, he had to be the one. Having that knowledge yet still must try to convince the world otherwise -- There could be no burden heavier than that.

No comments: